Thursday, April 22, 2010

Day 36

Just returned from a noon meeting, I'm pretty lucky to live in a neighborhood that has a ton of meetings. I can walk to one almost everyday or evening. The one I went to today is usually pretty crowded. I wasn't crazy about this group at first because they don't mind people sharing about addiction to substances other than booze. I've become way more tolerant of that sort of thing, addiction is addiction I think.
I guess I'm gaining some humility, it doesn't seem so important that I'm the hypothetical "pure alcoholic". I stuck to booze for a lot of reasons, not the least of which was the random drug testing at work. I probably would have mixed alcohol with other stuff if not for that.
Well I have to attend a group therapy session at this outpatient rehab I'm attending tonight. I wasn't sold on this place at first either, most of the other clients are mandated to be there by one agency or another, more than one is on parole for this or that. Oh well, at least I found a spot for my car on the Thursday alternate side so I don't have to move it tomorrow.
Focusing on the little things for now, not picking up the first drink and letting go of my will for God's will. Hmm, I'm eligible for a thirty day coin, better go back to the meeting out in Nassau County where I got my 24 hour one.

No comments:

Post a Comment